I am taking strain! I was supposed to write this newsletter last week, but my laptop crashed. My laptop is old and works very long hours, so it was not surprising that she cried out for a break. Fortunately, I have the use of another laptop and most of our important documents are accessible from cloud storage. But I am not happy! It is such a challenge when everything isn’t in it’s usual place. As if I don’t have enough to do! This work-around is slow and clumsy and very frustrating.
Anyway, while I have been busy, busy and feeling sorry for myself, the books have been flying out of our shops. We have never packed so many parcels! This is a sober reminder that this work is the Lord’s and he will get the books out to those who need, no matter my circumstances. It’s not about me. He has provided a great team of workers at both shops, who just get on with the job of servicing our customers. He has provided customers who are wonderfully understanding when I don’t get back to them as quickly as usual. He has provided himself, full of love and grace. Who could ask for more? I may not be happy about the laptop crash and the unrelenting busyness, but I have that inner joy that God is sovereignty in control of all and the work will go on. And joy trumps happiness any day!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
I was given this children’s book as a sample and, as it is suitable for pre-schoolers, I read it with my 2-year-old granddaughter. It has a picture on a toucan in it; a fowl with a name that she hasn’t come across before. When we opened the book again the following week she pointed to all the animals and named them as usual. She pointed to the toucan and announced “touparrot”!
The Book is called The World is Awake, A Celebration of everyday Blessings by Linsey Davis. Hardcover; 32pp; R135.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
New from Ligonier:
We have been out of stock of ESV Reformation Study Bibles for a while and found that Ligonier was out of stock too when I sought to stock up again. We have had to get some other variations, including a couple of condensed versions. We have the following currently available:
|ESV REFORMATION CONDENSED IM L CHARCOAL||R 500||9781567698749|
|ESV REFORMATION CONDENSED STUDY IM L BR||R 500||9781567698725|
|ESV REFORMATION STUDY BIBLE GL BLACK||R 1 040||9781567694451|
|ESV REFORMATION STUDY BIBLE IM L BRICK R||R 830||9781567696172|
(IM L means imitation leather; GL is genuine leather)
In addition, though, Ligonier has now published the Reformation bible in NKJV, available as follows:
|NKJV REFORMATION STUDY BIBLE CRIMSOM HC||R 620||9781567695014|
|NKJV REFORMATION STUDY BIBLE IM L BROWN||R 830||9781567695038|
|NKJV REFORMATION STUDY BIBLE IM L GREY||R 830||9781567695021|
|NKJV REFORMATION STUDY BIBLE L BURGUNDY||R 1 040||9781567695052|
|~ ~ ~ ~ ~|
New from Cruciform:
- Son of God vol 1 and 2 by Keri Folmar. 11 week courses Mark 1-9:13 and Mark 9:14-16:8; Spiral bound; 160pp and 175pp; R105 each. Keri also has the group study books Joy, Grace and Faith based on Philippians, Ephesians and James respectively.
- The Commandment we Forgot by Tim Challies. Shows how the fifth commandment is relevant to all of us. Paperback; 50pp; R70.
- The Character of the Christian by Tim Challies. An examination of the traits laid out for elders for all Christians to emulate. Paperback; 53pp; R70.
- Set an Example by Tim Challies. Using the example of Timothy, the author appeals to young adults to be an example to their peers. Paperback; 46pp; R70.
- Wilderness Wanderings, 25 devotionals for women reflecting on our journey to the promised land by Stacy Reaoch. Paperback; 125pp; R95.
- Devoted, Great men and their godly moms by Tim Challies. Paperback; 123pp; R95.
- Shaped by God, Thinking and Feeling in Tune with the Psalms by John Piper. Paperback; 82pp; R90.
- Preparing for Marriage, Help for Christian Couples by John Piper. Paperback; 42pp; R75. ~ ~ ~ ~ ~