|Dear Customers, As Christians we are all servants of God – we serve him in all aspects of our lives. It’s not what we do, it’s how we do it. We may be busy working, mothering, neighbouring all to the glory of God and a distraction comes our way: we have to leave to usual and tend to the unusual. What happens to our desire to serve when additional calls are made on our time and energies? Do we do these additional tasks with a servant attitude or does irritation or impatience rule the day? |
As we come to year end and our routines change, we need to ask the same question: do we continue to do all with a servant-heart and an attitude that glorifies God? Many of us take a break at this time of year. This is God’s gift to us to refresh us for the new year, but even in our rest, we need to be God’s faithful servants. Lather up with suntan lotion and eat ice-creams with the kids on the beach with a grateful heart. Drive with patience on the busy roads. Even on holiday or during some much needed down-time, it’s not what you do, but how you do it. We may take a break from the usual routine, but we never take a break from being God’s children. Let’s not neglect our daily meeting with the Lord – we need soul-refreshment too. May he enable us to love and honour him during this break in routine.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Make us an offer: Most of the sale items have been sold, but we still need good homes for a selection of out-of-print books and end-of-liners. We invite you to make a reasonable offer if you want any of these items. These books are still marked with BBX in the title so that you can search on the website. The offer is valid on all BBX items where we have less than 4 items in stock. The exception is From Sinner to a Saint – there are 8 workbooks available that go with a DVD. These are all available at Augustine. Make us an offer for the DVD and workbooks together.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
~ We have 7 business days left before we close. The last day for orders needing courier will be next Thursday, so that parcels can be collected on Friday.
~ We can still accept orders for post until the 21st as I can pop into the post office the following week to post.
~ I go to Augustine in Pretoria every Tuesday to fetch and carry books for customer orders. The last day for such collections will be Tuesday 17th Dec. The web site shows stock of both branches together. If you place an order after Tuesday, please call us to make sure that we can supply your order in full at one of the branches before paying.
~ Local book tables need to be returned and accounts settled before 21st Dec, please.
~ If you have books on hold at either branch, please ensure that you pay so that we can courier/post or please collect. Any books not collected on 21st Dec will be returned to the shelves.
~ Book Note: We still have copies of the Our daily Bread desk calendar. Only R50.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
New from Reformation Heritage:
RHB has published many new books recently. There are too many to list, but here are some:
· Puritan: All Life to the Glory of God DVD. R1340. Contributors: Al Mohler, Conrad Mbewe, Geoff Thomas, Gloria Furman, Ian Hamilton, Jeremy Walker, J.I. Packer, Joel Beeke, John MacArthur, John Piper, John Snyder, Kevin DeYoung, Leland Ryken, Ligon Duncan, Mark Dever, Michael Reeves, Rosaria Butterfield, Sinclair Ferguson, Stephen Nichols, and Steven Lawson.
· Follow Me, Bible Stories for Young Children by Liesbeth van Binsbergen. Hardcover; 116 stories; 386pp; R270.
· B. B. Warfield by Simonettea Carr. Andother in the series of Christian Biographies for Young Readers. There are now 15 titles in this range. Hardcover; 64pp; R160. Ages 8-12.
· Never Enough, Confronting Lies about Appearance and Achievement with Gospel Hop by Sarah Ivill. Paperback; 128pp; R110.
· The Old Testament Yesterday and Today, Essays in Honor of Michael Barrett edited by Rhett Dodson. Hardcover; 304pp; R360.
· Encouragement, Adrenaline for the Soul by Mark Chanski. Paperback; 196pp; R160.
· New Cultivating Biblical Godliness booklets. All R25:
o How should the Sovereignty of God Strengthen me? by David B McWilliams
o How Can I Please God in Everything? by Geoffrey Thomas
o How should we Pray at Prayer Meetings? by Ryan McGraw
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
New from Banner:
· J Gresham Machen, A Biographical Memoir by Ned Stonehouse. Hardcover; 606 pages; R195.
· The Pastor of Kilsyth, The Life and Times of W. H. Burns by Islay Burns. Hardcover; 312pp; R140.
· Christ Victorious, Selected Writing of High Martin edited by Matthew and Catherine Hyde. Hardcover; 440pp; R185.
· Ecclesiates, Life in a Fallen World by Benjamin Shaw. Paperback; 168pp; R75.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
New from Christian Focus:
· Chrysostom,The Preacher in the Emperor’s Court by Daysping Macleod. This is a biography in the Trailblazers series. Rutherefor, The Law, the Prince and the Scribe by Catherine MacKenzie. Paperbacks; R65 each. Ages 9-14.
· Psalms for my Day by Carine Mackenzie and Alec Motyer. Hardcover; 96pp; R135. Ages 4-11.
· Athanasius of Alexandria, His Life and Impact by Pater Barnes. Paperback; 176pp; R90.
· I Am…, A Biblical and Devotional Study of the Attributes of God by Brian Russell. Paperback; 256pp; R115.
· The Pastor’s Life, Practical Wisdom from the Puritans by Matthew Haste and Shane Parker. Paperback; 168pp; R90.
· Facing Snarls and Scowls, Preaching through Hostility, Apathy and Adversity in Church Revitalization by Brian Croft and James Carroll. Paperback; 160pp; R90.
· Clash of Visions, Populism and Elitism in New Testament Theology by Robert Yarbrough. Paperback; 128pp; R135.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~