All our academic texts for next year are coming in, and with those, many other books just to stock up. We have been so busy processing all this incoming stock that I didn’t realise it’s almost sale time. How did it get to November? Our annual sale will be held during the last week on November and the first week of December as usual. As well as being able to get some good books at better prices, this is a time when old friends meet as they browse the sale books.
For those out-of-towners, who can’t come in and browse. I will be marking all sale books with BBX in the title (future tense; not done yet.). This way, you can search on goodneighbours.wpengine.com using BBX to find the sale books.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Year-end Closure: Good Neighbours Bookshop and Augustine Bookroom will both be closed for two weeks at the end of the year. We will be closed from Monday, 24th Dec till Saturday, 5th Jan. Thus Saturday, 22nd Dec will be our last trading day for 2018 and Monday, 7th Jan will be our first trading day for 2019.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
New titles: There are so many new titles available, I will have to split them into two newsletters. This week, we feature new books from Crossway and P&R; next week will be Banner, Christian Focus and Day One.
- Biblical and Theological Studies by Wilkes and Thoennes. Paperback; 128pp; R90. This is a new title in the Reclaiming the Christian Intellectual series from Crossway. These student guides encourage young people to view their studies through a distinctly Christian lens. Another new one is Media, Journalism and Communication by Read mercer Schuchardt. R90. Older titles in this series are The Liberal Arts, Christian Worldview, The Great tradition of Christian Thinking, Ethics and Moral Reasoning, History, Philosophy, Psychology, Art & Music. Political Thought, and Literature.
- Caring for One Another, 8 Ways to cultivate meaningful relationships by Ed Welch. Paperback; 80 pp; R65.
- Bible Challenge Quiz Cards Boxed Set by J Barineau. This is a selection of 580 Bible Trivia Questions to encourage the whole family to know their bibles. These can be used alone or added to Trivial Pursuit or 30 Seconds. R75 per box. Also available in Afrikaans.
- For the love of Discipline, When the gospel meets tantrums and time-outs by Sarah Wallace. Paperback; R160pp; R95.
- 21 Servants of Sovereign Joy, faithful, flawed and fruitful by John Piper. Hardcover; 816pp; R260. This is the complete collection of biographies of Christian leaders featured in the The Swans are not Silent series.
- Weakness is the Way, Life with Christ our strength by J I Packer. Paperback; 128pp; R95.
- Depression, Anxiety and the Christian Life, Practical Wisdom from Richard Baxter edited by Richard Lundy and introduced by J I Packer. Paperback; 194pp; R115.
- Journeys with Jesus, Every path in the bible leads us to Christ by Dennis E Johnson. Paperback; 192pp; R135.
- Theological English, An advanced ESL text for theological students by Hibbs & Reiley. ESL: English Second Language. An ideal reference for students whose native tongue is not English. This is a large format hardcover book of 376 pages. R450.
- Loving your Friend through Cancer, Moving beyond “I’m sorry” to meaningful support by Marissa Henley. Paperback; 264pp; R145.
- Pride and Humility at War, A Biblical Perspective by Lanier Burns. Paperback; 192pp; R160.
- The Life of Moses: God’s first deliverer of Israel by James Montgomery Boice. Hardcover; 472pp; R270.
- Resurrection Life in a World of Suffering, 1 Peter edited by D A Carson with contributions by various authors. Paperback; 208 pp; R170.
- Christian Ethics, An Introduction to Biblical Moral Reasoning by Wayne Grudem. Hardcover; 1296 pp; R445.