After another sleepless night because of our neighbour’s rooster crowing from just past midnight, there is not much energy left to write any article. The only thing on my mind is the suggestion of roast chicken to my neighbour as a solution to disturbance-of-the-peace rooster!
We are all geared up for our annual sale, starting on Saturday. Dates and some books featured below. Besides the book bargains, our sale always turns out to be a fellowship event: everyone makes the effort to come in and old friends meet and chat for ages while they browse.
We have methodically marked all sale books with $$ in the title, but I have just tried to search by $$ in the web site search box, and nothing comes up. I think the search engine is averse to special characters. Plan B for those who are not able to come in and browse: we can give you a list of sale books by sending you our tag sheets. As we had to make new tags after marking all the books down, these tags sheets are available as attachments. The sale price is the lower price on each tag. The out-of-print books did not need tags as these have been marked down since they went out of print. You can search for them by typing in o/p in the search box of our web site.
There will be a selection of 2nd hands books for sale at Good Neighbours Bookshop. As these belong to the college and not to the shop, they will be sold on a cash basis only. We cannot run your card for these in the shop.
New from P&R:
- Letters to a Romantic on Engagement by Sean Perron and Spencer Harmon. Paperback; 144pp; R70.
- Letters to a Romantic on dating by Sean Perron and Spencer Harmon. Paperback; 144pp; R70.
- Revelation – Reformed Expository Commentary by Richard D Phillips. Hardcover; 784pp; R270.
- Christ and Covenant Theology, Essays on Election, Republication and the Covenants by Cornelis P. Venema. Paperback; 504pp; R170.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Sale details: Saturday, 25th Nov till Saturday, 9th Dec.
Some of the bargains (available quantities included in case you want to use these books for group studies):
- Taking God at His Word, Why the Bible is Knowable, Necessary and Enough, and What that Means for You and Me by Kevin Deyoung. Hardcover; 144pp; R62. 100 copies available.
- One Minute with Women of the Bible, A Devotional by Elizabeth George. Milano Softone (imitation leather); 288pp; R45. An ideal gift. 50 copies available.
- Knowing God through Prayer, Learn to Pray with Men and Women of the Bible by Jim George. Paperback; 240 pages; published Feb 2017; R40. 50 copies available.
- Setting our Affections Upon Glory, Nine Sermons on the Gospel and the Church by Dr Martyn D Lloyd-Jones. Paperback; 176pp; was R160, now R110. 75 copies available.
- Reformation, A World in Turmoil by Andrew Atherstone. Paperback; 256 pp; R90; 60 available.
- Gospel for Real Life, Turning to the Liberating Power of the Cross…Every Day by Jerry Bridges. Paperback; 199pp; was R200, now R160. 55 copies available.
- Matthew – Teach the Text Commentary Series by Jeanine Brown and Mark Strauss. Hardcover; 352pp; R75. 55 copies available.
- Encountering the New Testament, A Historical and Theological Survey, 2nd Edition by Walter Elwell and Robert Yarborough. Hardcover; 446pp; R75. 40 copies available.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Year-end closure: correction – in the last newsletter I wrote that our last day of business is Friday 23rd. It should have been Friday, 22nd Dec. We will re-open on Monday, 8th Jan 2018. Although the shop is closed, I will check emails in case there are any urgent enquiries.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Private sale of 2nd hand books:
The principal of Baptist Theological College is retiring and selling off some of his books. The following sets are available:
- Lenski’s Commentary on the New Testament (11 Vol) – R1200
- The International Critical Commentary on the New Testament (19 Vol) – R2800
- Robertson’s Word Pictures in the New Testament (6 Vol) – R400
- Keil and Deilzch’s Commentary on the Old Testament (10 Vol) – R600
- Luther’s Works: Lectures on Genesis (4 Vol) – R400
- Dictionary of the New Testament (3 Vol) – R600
- Lange’s Commentary on the Bible (12 Vol) – R1200
- Works of B B Warfield (6 Vol) – R500
If you are interested, please contact Michael du Toit on 011 886 0421 or email@example.com. Collections from the Baptist Theological College, 260 Oak Avenue, Randburg.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brad Huddleston Conferences:
Over the next few weeks Brad will be talking at various venues throughout South Africa on the dangers of excessive screen-time and pornography. Please visit http://bradhuddleston.com/ for his S.A. schedule. His DVDs Digital Cocaine (R85) and Porneia, A Global Tradegy (R125) are both available at our shops.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Grace Ministers’ Conference: Visit www.graceministers.co.za to register for the conference.Dates and venues:
Gauteng: 8-10 January 2018 at Pure Joy Lodge, Kameeldrift, Pretoria
Cape Town: 10-12 January 2018 at Stellenbosch Country Lodge, Blauwklippen Village, Stellenbosch.