We can never tell in advance what book is going to be flavour of the month. Word-of-mouth is a powerful advertiser. It takes one customer to tell a couple of friends and, before we know it, we have a run on our hands. I then order in big and the run has stopped by the time the books come in! That’s just the way it goes.
Well, it seems that, at present, booklets are not the flavour of the month. We used to sell dozens, but the tide has changed. This is a pity because booklets give you short and sharp relevant information at a low price. Booklets are of use to those grieving or suffering. When the mind is preoccupied with grief, a book may be too much to manage, but a booklet is just right. We also live in the Internet age of bits and bytes. Many people spend so much time on the Internet, that they can only absorb small portions of the written word in book form. If you wish to share some important spiritual information with such a person, a booklet is ideal.
We have 715 booklet titles. Here are some of the series, with the series abbreviation so that you can search for all the tiles easily online:
- Basics of the Faith (BOTF). This is a series of 38 titles from P&R, which answers a variety of questions, e.g. What is Man?, What is Hell?, and Why Believe in God? These booklets are R40 each.
- Resources for Changing Lives (RCL). This has been our most popular series, also from P&R, and handles topic such as ADD, Motives, Pre-engagement and Anger. These are R35 each.
- Resources for Biblical Living: Another series from P&R at R40 each. These deal with topics such as Compassion, Bitterness and In-Laws.
- Christian Answers to Hard Questions (CAHQ). There are only 6 titles in this series at R48 each.
- Christian Counseling & Education Foundation (CCEF). This is the biggest range of booklets that we have and are R40 each. They are from New Growth Press. Topics include Menopause, The Empty Nest, Grieving a Suicide, Angry Children and Family Feuds. FBC is a range of similar booklets from the same stable.
- Ultimate Questions: This is a very popular evangelical booklet by John Blanchard is available in a variety of languages. The English booklets are R15 each and the prices of the other languages vary between R12 and R20. Blanchard has also written other evangelical booklets such as Why on earth did Jesus Come? (R24) and topical booklets such as Evolution – Fact or Fiction? (R25).
- Interactive Bible Studies (IBS): This is a series of bible studies on books of the bible from Matthias Media. Each booklet has space for readers to make notes. Only R40 each. Ideal for group discussions and studies.
This list represents about two-thirds of the booklets we have in store.
~ ~ ~