- Good Neighbours Bookshop, Randburg is a retail outlet for Christian literature and select media items.
- Augustine Bookroom in Constantia Park is a branch of Good Neighbours. All information given here applies to both shops.
- Transaction currency is South African Rand (ZAR).
- All prices quoted are inclusive of VAT and exclusive of the shipping cost.
- All prices are subject to change without prior notice due to exchange rate fluctuations or supplier price changes.
- Shipping charges are increased annually on 1st April according to S.A. post office tariffs.
- Items on the website may be held at either Good Neighbours, Randburg or Augustine Bookroom, Constantia Park. Part of our service is collate books from both shops for our customers. We usually do this collation once a week on Tuesday mornings.
- There is a limited stock of all goods on offer. Good Neighbours or Augustine Bookroom will make all reasonable efforts to notify the customer when a product is no longer available, and will only be liable to provide refunds where it is unable to fulfill orders at advertised prices.
- Our web site is updated every day at midnight. Stock sold during the day thus still shows as available until midnight. If you choose something that has already been sold we will notify you. If you have paid by card, we will keep the credit for you or decline payment on the Paygate web site according to your wishes.
- You may request items that are not currently in stock and we will add such items to our back-order list.
- Please note that the wait period for back-orders may be long. To minimize shipping costs, we import most of our titles via sea-freight, which takes 7-8 weeks. We also collate orders from various publishers to spread shipping costs; it may take additional time to build up orders for collation.
- Depending on the size of the order, part-payment may be requested at this point. Communication will follow as soon as the back-order item is in stock. The customer can then purchase this item by following the normal purchase procedure.
- Back-orders only apply to listed items. We do not take special orders.
- Good Neighbours or Augustine Bookroom vouchers cannot be exchanged for cash.
- During December we close for 2 weeks and we are not able to process orders in that time. Such orders will be processed when we re-open in January. As we collect books from our branch every Tuesday, some orders may not be able to be filled for a few days before we close.
- Shipping costs are for ordinary parcel post within S.A. borders. These are calculated automatically on the web site as the weight of the parcel is the only variable.
- Door-to-door delivery is available in order to receive a parcel speedily. To ensure that delivery is not delayed, please provide an address where there will be someone available to sign for the parcel. The courier fee is not calculated automatically as weight and destination are taken into account. If a courier is required, please tick the ‘request a quote’ box. You can pay for the books by card with your order, and pay the courier fee separately on invoice, or you can choose to do an EFT for both the books and courier fee after receiving the invoice.
- The postal rates automatically calculated applies to South African customers only. We can deliver to other African countries. Please request a quote for this service. We will deliver using S.A. postal services.
- Payment may be made by card with order, or by EFT after receipt of invoice.
- Cash deposits are accepted, provided they are made at an FNB ATM.
- Please note that we no longer accept over-the-counter cash deposits at FNB branches. The cost for such a deposit is now R48. If such a deposit is made, the cost will be passed on the to customer and books will not be released until this cost is paid.
- We do not accept cheque payments.
- Delivery in South Africa via the S.A. post office usually takes 4-5 working days; thus, with processing and packing, your parcel should reach you within a week. However, if one of the stores does not have the required stock and books have transferred from the other store, delivery may take up to 14 days after placing an order. If this is the case, you will be notified accordingly.
Return and Refunds policy:
- Provision of goods is subject to availability. In cases of unavailability, Good Neighbours will refund the customer in full within 30 days, if payment was made by credit card.
- Cancellations by the customer are subject to a 10% administration fee.
- You may return any faulty or damaged items within 30 days of delivery for a replacement, provided that we are notified within 48 hours of you receiving the goods.
- Refunds will only be given if you received the incorrect product or if a product is damaged. A refund by credit card will be made if payment was made by credit card. All other refunds will be in the form of an Augustine Bookroom or Good Neighbours voucher, as no cash refunds are provided.
- Please take note that we do not provide refunds for the following items: CDs, DVDs and Software
Card acquiring and security details:
- Card transactions will be acquired by Good Neighbours via PayGate (Pty) Ltd who are the approved payment gateway for all South African Acquiring Banks. PayGate uses the the strictest form of encryptionn namely Secure Socket Layer 3 (SSL3) and no card details are stored on the website. Users may go to www.paygate.co.za to view their security certificate and security policy.
- Payments may be made via Visa and MasterCard
Customer and card storage details:
- Customer details will be stored by Good Neighbours separately from card details which are entered by the client on PayGate’s site. For more detail visit paygate.co.za .
- Good Neighbours and Augustine Bookroom shall take reasonable steps to protect your personal information.
- New customers are automatically added to our mailing list, but are free to unsubscribe at any time.
- By subscribing to the Good Neighbours and Augustine Bookroom Newsletter or any other items on our subscription list on this website, you give the management permission to send you the selected email, which includes special offers, to the e-mail address that you had registered with.
- Good Neighbours take responsibility for all aspects relating to the transaction including sale of goods and services on the website, customer service and support, dispute resolution and the delivery of goods.
Country of domicile:
- This website is governed by the laws of South Africa and Good Neighbours chooses as its domicilium citandi et executandi for all purposes under this agreement, whether in respect of of court process, notice or other documents or communication of whatever nature, 172B Hyperion Drive, Northriding.
Web site details:
- This website is run by Good Neighbours Bookshop (Ministry of the English Reformed Church) based in South Africa trading a s a retail outlet with P.B.O. number 930014071.
- While every effort is made to keep the details on this website accurate, the information contained on this website is subject to errors and omissions.
- Good Neighbours or Augustine Bookroom reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time. All amendments to these terms and conditions will be posted on the site. Whenever you access the site you will be bound to the current version. Continued use of this site will constitute acceptance of the current version.
Without prior notice to their customers and with or without providing any reasons, Good Neighbours or Augustine Bookroom may at any time, in its sole discretion, suspend or terminate the operation of the site or any of the services advertised or provided on the site.
Good Neighbours: firstname.lastname@example.org or 011 704 1857
Augustine Bookroom: email@example.com or 012 993 4606