Considered by many the most sensible and Biblical book on courtship in print. Chapters on the right role of parents in their children’s choices; on relationships for the purpose of service rather than mere entertainment; on guarded moral protection and accountability rather than total freedom; on the benefits of waiting for one partner rather than being a ‘serial dater’. And much more.
Includes these supplemental chapters:
* Martin Luther: On Parents and Their Children’s Marriages
* Mary Mohler: Modeling Modesty
* Tamika Burns: Modesty, the Best Policy
* Kim Shay: Some Observations on Courtship
* Martin Bucer: Marriage Without the Consent of Parents
When someone asks me about materials on courtship, my first recommendation is Dennis Gundersen’s. It is a well-reasoned and well-balanced approach which gets the reader thinking in all the right directions. —Harvey Bluedorn, Trivium Pursuit