“For no one can lay any foundation other than the one already laid, which is Jesus Christ.” -1 Corinthians 3:11
The New American Commentary series is an exceptionally acclaimed resource for ministers and Bible students who want to understand and expound the Scriptures. Each volume includes:
• Commentary based on the New International Version.
• NIV text printed in the body of the commentary.
• Sound scholarly methodology reflecting capable research in the original languages.
• Interpretation emphasizing the theological unity of each book and Scripture as a whole.
• Readable and applicable exposition.
Mark Taylor’s commentary on 1 Corinthians looks at Paul’s missionary journey to Corinth where he planted a church and nurtured the new believers for approximately eighteen months. Taylor pays careful attention to the nuances of the English translation (NIV), the Greek text, and the units of meaning that are vital to interpreting this letter. He presents with clarity the range of scholarly opinion regarding the issues in 1 Corinthians and then makes a case for his own views.