RENN, STEPHEN D
More Keywords, More Readable, More Up-to-Date—Get more than definitions—get solid overviews on over 7,000 keywords with this updated, modern replacement of the classic Vine’s Expository Dictionary!
Easily find the word you want to know in English and then instantly see how it is used in the Old Testament (Hebrew) AND New Testament (Greek) side-by-side! Since there is rarely a one-for-one word translation into English, it lists all the related words together and includes Strong’s numbering for the KJV, cross references, indexes, simple summaries, and more!
Enjoy Having these Key Features At Your Fingertips:
You don’t just read the Bible—you study it! So how can you study Bible keywords in their original language, without spending years learning Greek or Hebrew? Packed with incredible features, The Expository Dictionary of Bible Words makes it easy:
- Solid Overview of 7,260 Greek and Hebrew Words—all alphabetically arranged under the English translation and coded to Strong’s revised numbering system for ease of use.
- Side-by-Side Format—Each entry shows the Old Testament (Hebrew) Words and New Testament (Greek) Words. It includes its transliteration, translation, range of meaning(s), and more.
- Easy-to understand—Easily see its context and discover the connection between Old and New Testament words, themes, and more!
- Easy-to-Read—This completely new work with its well-designed pages is easy to navigate. It includes a cross-reference system and easy to follow topical indexes.
This is a must-have Bible study tool! Perfect for pastors, church leaders, seminary students, or anyone who wants to dig deeper into God’s Word!
Get a Solid Overview of Every Major Keyword in Scripture
From love and faith to marriage and hope, see all the key information you need to know on thousands of keywords at a glance. Instead of having to do your own word study, the Expository Dictionary of Bible Words has done that for you and shows you the nuance of each particular Hebrew or Greek word and how it is used in the Bible.
Want to search by the Greek or Hebrew word too? No problem! It includes 2 topical indexes that make it easy!
Dig Deeper into the Bible with Its Fascinating Facts
You know reading the Bible in context is important. But often times, we think context means study the geography, cultural setting, or customs. But what about the context of the words themselves? A unique feature of this dictionary is that it explains how the theme, concept, or doctrine shaped by the Hebrew term is fulfilled in the New Testament.
- Bold (“batah” in Hebrew) is used 120 times and is linked to “trust” and “having confidence.”
- Mercy (“hesed” in Hebrew) is linked to kindness, steadfast love, lovingkindess, and more. When applied to God, it is an expression of his loyalty and devotion to his covenant promises.
- Atonement (“katallege” in Greek) is derived from the same word for reconciliation. It is through Jesus’ atoning sacrifice that we are reconciled.
- Hebrew script, unlike English, is written from left to right. It makes no distinction between uppercase and lowercase letters.