DAN & JUANENE PETERS
This grade Junior Picture-Smart Bible is a comprehensive overview of Biblical history, geography, important verses and major themes of each Bible book designed for young children.
In this innovative Bible study program, an overview of an entire book is illustrated on a single page. For every book of the Bible you study, you will have your Student Sheet.
Age appropriate: This program was created for younger children (early writing level).
- Simple drawing for young hands to color.
- See, hear, do method in which the student actually draws one picture for each Bible book.
- Maps and Timelines: Show where and when the action occurred.
- The Good News Starburst which highlights Jesus in every Bible book.
- How to Teach: Useful tips from the field.
- A special “Intertestament Bridge” giving light to the 400 “Silent” years.
Can I Use the Junior and Senior levels Together?
- The Junior Picture Smart was designed to be used with the Senior Picture Smart materials. It does take a little extra time to show younger ones what to do on the Student Sheet, but is definitely worth the few extra minutes. The concepts illustrated in the Junior version are a simplified match to those illustrated in the Senior material.
- The parent section of the Senior Picture Smart books can be used with the Junior workbooks. There is no discussion in the Senior levels of crafts which are used extensively in Junior levels.
- If you read the text verbatim, you could start the older students on a graphic and then read the text (which is very limited at the Junior level) to younger children.
- Although the pictures in both relate to the same concepts, the illustrations are different. For younger children they are much simpler with the addition of crafts.
So the answer is, YES, older and younger children can work on same lesson at the same time while using Senior and Junior Picture Smart.