RYAN DENTON & SCOTT SMITH
“An introduction to the theology and practice of preaching in public places”–
PART 1: THEOLOGY OF OPEN AIR PREACHING
- A History of Open Air Preaching
- Theology for Open Air Preaching
- The Local Church and the Open Air Preacher
- Using the Law in the Open Air
- Using Apologetics in the Open Air
Part 2: THE TASK OF OPEN AIR PREACHING
- The Open Air Preacher’s Character
- The Open Air Preacher’s Competence
- Response to Open Air Preaching
- The Open Air Preacher’s Response
- Exhortation to the Church and Seminaries
Conclusion: Heard the Call?
Ryan Denton (MA) was a pastor on the Navajo reservation before starting Christ in the Wild Ministries, which he has directed since 2016. He lives in El Paso, Texas with his wife and son.
Scott Smith (MA) ran a classical Christian school for seventeen years in Orlando before going into open air preaching ministry full time. He has been married to his wife Patte for thirty-six years. They have three grown sons and five grandkids and reside in Raleigh, North Carolina.